What is a writeback file?
- Full Measure Education uses the term ‘writeback’ to reference a set of files that are placed in the ‘incoming’ directory of an institution’s SFTP. There are typically two directories inside of an institution’s SFTP. An ‘incoming’ folder and an ‘outgoing’ folder.
- The ‘outgoing’ folder typically houses the student and audience files that are then integrated into the Full Measure platform.
- The ‘incoming’ folder will contain 1-3 writeback files that are placed into the SFTP by Full Measure.
What are the three writeback files?
- There are typically three files that can be written back to the ‘incoming folder’. These are Letter Opens, Links Clicked and Student Responses.
1. The fullmeasure_letter_opens.csv contains a distinct contact_id, first_name, last_name, mobile_phone_number, liked and last_viewed for each student who opened the letter/message.
- "contact_id" is your unique id that we'll always place in any file we return for match
- "Liked" is referring to the heart icon at the top right corner of the content page. "t" refers to the icon being toggled on. And "f" the record does not have the icon toggled.
- "last_viewed" is the most recent timestamp that record actually clicked the link from the original text message, this will update if opened multiple times.
2. The fullmeasure_links_clicked.csv contains a distinct contact_id, first_name, last_name, mobile_phone_number, liked and last_viewed of each student’s interaction with links embedded in the letter.
3. The fullmeasure_student_responses.csv contains a body, first_name, last_name, contactid, and sent_at
- “body” refers to the entirety of the text response from a student responding to the text message directly
- “sent_at” refers to the time that text response was sent in EST.
Can we have any additional writeback files, such as form responses?
- Full Measure is able to accommodate additional writeback files at an institution’s request but this must be communicated to the appropriate Account Manager.
Can you do writebacks directly into Slate?
- Full Measure does not offer a writeback directly into Slate but we can help you get set up. The writeback will still go into the same incoming folder as mentioned above.
- Seen below are screenshots that should help institutions wanting to integrate Slate/FM writebacks get started:
Here is a Full Measure Powerpoint that can provide some more insight.
If you have any issues or questions, please submit a ticket.