Below is an overview of sample ways to structure your text message. For a full view of running your Accepted Student Experience, check out our ASE Guide that includes a full experience overview, examples, and how-to videos.
When it comes to building content with Full Measure, you can create a beautiful acceptance letter for your hopeful applicants. But if your initial message doesn't let them know exactly what the message is about, they may never open it.
It's like if someone emailed you offering a million dollars, but the subject line read 'Click Here for News.' You'd likely delete it without opening it and never know the amazing offer that was inside.
The majority of incoming applicants are Gen-Z, the most tech-savvy generation of all-time and are inundated with all types of messages and content all day, making an unassuming text message from a college easy to miss.
Just as an email offering a million dollars should have a correlating subject line that convinces you to open it, your acceptance letter needs an SMS text message that informs and excites students enough to click the link.
Components of a Great SMS message
1. Includes the student's name
2. Includes your institution's name
3. Gets the message across!
Sample Text Message Language
Generic: Newly Accepted
- We know you have what it takes to thrive at [school], and can’t wait to help you succeed! Get ready to be a [mascot]:
- Once a [mascot, always a [mascot]. <firstname>, get ready to join [school] family/nation. Tap here to review your acceptance letter:
- <firstname> you’re in! [School] admissions is pleased to welcome you to the Class of 2025! Tap to view & share the great news:
- You're going to be a [Mascot]! Congratulations, you've been accepted to [school]. Tap here for details & to share the great news:
- Welcome to [school]! Tap here to view your acceptance letter and learn more about becoming a [Mascot]: accepted
- Think you have what it takes to thrive at [School] ? After reviewing your application, the admission team has big news for you. Learn more:
- <firstname>, the [School] Admissions team has reviewed your application. Ready to see their decision? Tap here:
- <firstname>, after evaluating your application, the [School] Admission team has updated your admission status. Get the decision:
- Now that you've been accepted, it's important to get a strong start to your college experience. <name>, here's everything you need to get ahead at [school]:
- <<firstname>>, we’ve updated the details to your acceptance at [school]. Tap the link for next steps:
- Now that you've been admitted to [school], it's important to get a strong start to your college experience. <firstname>, here's everything you need to thrive as a [mascot]:
If your letter is already live and you'd like to change your letter, submit a ticket so that our support team can help adjust your message for future acceptance letter deliveries. Further questions- our support team can also help with those!