This article is for users on our school.fullmeasureed.com platform.
Beta users click here.
Hello, new users!
Ready to launch a campaign? You’ve come to the right place! Once you’ve read this guide, you’ll be familiar with the purpose of every basic campaign feature, and understand how they all come together to send a message. For additional help, contact support here.
Once you’ve mastered the basics below we encourage you to explore advanced tips to enhance your campaign messaging strategy.
Creating a Campaign
Campaigns are sorted into three categories for you to toggle between:
- Drafts Messages you’re building to run later → select pencil to continue editing, or the double-square to duplicate.
- Activated Currently live/scheduled to run → use the green button to deactivate/ archive.
- Archived Finished their scheduled run → duplicate to send a copy into drafts.
Use each tool as labeled in each photo, and the triple-colon to perform respective tasks.
Building a Campaign
- Campaign Name (For internal markings only). A brief summary of your message that will be easy for you to find later on. It can be helpful to include the date, audience, and message type/keywords.
- Message Limit the body text of each campaign to 160 characters to ensure it’s delivered as one message. It should be informative, with one clear action for recipients, such as the link and deadline to register for financial aid. Use the template tags, below the message box, to customize with each student’s information.
- URL link Paste your link here if adding it to the message would exceed the total 160 character count. It will arrive as a second message along with your main message. Begin with HTTPS:// to ensure proper delivery.
- HTML Unless you’re building messages with in-app cards, leave this blank.
- Deliver to Select your uploaded audience(s). If messaging a few specific students, paste in their ID numbers above.
- Do NOT deliver to For members/exceptions that are on a Deliver list, who should be excluded.
- Send from Select Advisor or Department
- Advisor/Department Send from a specific advisor, or use Assigned Advisor to pull each student’s data. If a student is not assigned an advisor, it will revert to your default department. Or, make the sender a general department, like Admissions or Student Life.
- Frequency Choose your send parameters:
- Daily, Hourly, Minutely: Sends repeatedly, on the respective interval. Choose start and end dates, as well as which times you want each sent.
- Immediately: Sends once as soon as it’s activated. Select date & time: Sends once at set future point.
- Send Hours For all campaigns, add at least 3 hours to ensure that messages are delivered to each audience member.
Campaigns in Action
Using the above definitions of each basic campaign component, follow along with this example: You’re a college admissions counselor tasked with inviting all incoming freshmen who’ve submitted their deposit to register online for a virtual fall orientation event, using the event details below:
- The Admissions Team at Winsford University is inviting all incoming to Freshman to a Virtual Freshman Fall Orientation on August 26th, 1-4pm.
- They want to message students a month and week before the event.
- Students will register via https://Winsford.edu/virtualfallreg
Let's start by drafting the one-month-away message:
Don’t forget to hit save as you go!
- Campaign Name Much like creating a word document, give each campaign a name that is easy for you to retrieve with a consistent naming convention. In the example panel, the structure is: Campaign Type-Audience-Message# -Send Date.
- Or, try this! - Audience-Send Date-Event-Message# → Deposit Freshman-July 26-Virtual Orientation-Msg1
- Message Under 160 characters, share key details with students: what & when they’re attending, and how to register!
- Or, try this! - Welcome to the semester! Join your new classmates for Virtual Freshman Fall Orientation on August 26th from 1-4pm. Register now: https://Winsford.edu/virtualfallreg
- URL link Since this message uses most of the 160 characters, the URL is pasted here. https://Winsford.edu/virtualfallreg
- HTML Unless you are building an in-app message, just leave this blank! To learn more about this, check out our quick guide about How to HTML.
- Deliver to Your uploaded audience(s) of freshmen who’ve submitted deposits. You can add multiple audiences, so consider adding parents, or any other attending groups
- Do NOT deliver to This message doesn’t need to go to freshmen who’ve already registered for orientation; put that audience here.
- Send from This is going from the department, not a specific sender or counselor, so select “Department”
- Department Specify which department. In this case, Admissions.
- Frequency For the one month away message, this will be set to July 26th.
- Send Hours Like all campaigns except, add at least 3 hours to ensure that every message is delivered through Full Measure. Consider consecutive hours during the day that students will likely be on their phones, such as between 11am-7pm.
You’ve successfully built your first campaign! Once the message is fully delivered, it will automatically move to ‘Archives,’ if you want to check delivery stats.
For the one-week-away message, you can either duplicate this message and tweak the text and send details accordingly, or begin fresh in a new campaign. Duplicating a message may save time, but starting fresh eliminates the risk of not updating all content in the duplicated version.
If you're looking for more ways to enhance your Full Measure experiences, we recommend checking out Advanced Features.
If you have any issues or questions, please submit a ticket.