The Data Transfer Process
The Full Measure Platform uses a data transfer process that is highly flexible and customizable to fit the needs of various systems. For specific questions related to how your CRM, ERP, SIS, or LMS can drive communications in our platform, please submit a ticket at support.fullmeasureed.com.
This article contains information about:
- File Types
- SFTP Folders
- Formatting / Mapping
- Automating Exports
There are two main types of files used to translate data into the platform: student files and audience files. Student files populate the database with a user's information, while audience files allow you to segment students/parents/alumni into different cohorts for delivering messages and content.
💡 Typically, clients choose to overwrite files on a daily or weekly basis to coincide with the frequency of their messaging.
- Required fields:
- Can include any number or combination of fields from your database, as long as it contains the required fields
- Column headers can be mapped to fit the necessary conventions of the required fields
- Contact files should always begin with "fullmeasure_student_" followed by any word or combination of letters
- It is possible to have multiple student files (with different file names), however, it is recommended that all student information is generated from the same contact file
💡 If files don't have the correct naming conventions, or column headers are changed without updating the mapping file, records will not be updated.
- Required fields:
- References the contact_id from the student file and adds that individual to an audience (in other systems they might be called lists, cohorts, or groups)
- Column header can be mapped to be "contact_id" if needed
- Audience files should always begin with "fullmeasure_audience_" followed by any word or combination of letters that identifies the group
💡 Exports should be configured to completely overwrite the previous file(s). Change files for audiences will make it difficult to have ongoing campaigns.
Client data is transported primarily through the use of an SFTP folder. This folder acts as a central point between our two systems which allows data to transfer back and forth in a secure way. Full Measure will provide you with an SFTP folder. Contact and audience files are typically added to the SFTP in one of two ways:
- SFTP client (Cyberduck or Filezilla are recommended)
- Exported directly from your CRM
💡To connect to the SFTP, you will need four key pieces of information: domain, username, private key, and read path. This information can be found in the platform under "Connections" or in the post-kickoff email you received from the FM Onboarding Team. If you don't have Connections access, you most likely do not have the appropriate permissions.
Data will be retrieved from the SFTP and updated within the system at a set schedule of up to once per hour. Typical integrations are configured to update every eight hours, starting in the early morning. For questions about your import schedule, create a ticket.