Auto Responses at the Campaign Level
This article will go through how to set up auto responses at the campaign level. First thing's first: you'll need permissions to add chat bots/auto responses. If you don't see this icon, that means you don't have permissions. Contact your project manager to get started!
There's a little bit of back and forth here because you need to save your campaign before you create your auto response. Configure your campaign as you need, then click save when you're all set. The auto response blue fab should appear at the bottom of your campaign after you click save.
Click the blue fab to add an auto response.
This will add an auto response to the form. This response is not configured yet, you'll have to go in and configure the response. Here you'll want to click on the name of the auto response, NOT on the radio button. That will activate the auto response. You haven't configured it yet, so you do not want to activate it.
You'll be taken to the form to fill out the details of your auto response. Here are the main parts:
- This purely internal, so you and others know what your auto response is about
- Thread details
- This is where the auto response will come from. This should align with the settings on your campaign (from whom the campaign is sending)
- Inbound message
- What the student will text in to receive the inbound message
- We HIGHLY recommend that you leave Regex OFF
- Quick clarification: the toggle is off if the circle is to the left and grey. It is on if the circle is to the right and becomes dark
- Regex is a way to account for more complicated inbound messages. If you would like to get a little crazy with it, please create a zendesk ticket and we'd be happy to help you out.
- The response that the student receives when they send in the inbound message
- Even though there isn't a character counter, please try and keep these messages under 160 characters. If you are concerned that it is towing the line of being short enough, it is most likely too long
- Click save!
After you save your auto response, go back to your campaign that you created before.
Your auto response with its title should be at the bottom of the form. You may have to refresh several times to see your auto response. If it doesn't show up or still says "Option", refresh until the auto response you created appears. If a regular refresh doesn't work after 2-3 times, try a hard fresh (cmmd+shift+R or ctrl+shift+R).
When you are ready to activate the auto response, click on the radio button.
Now that your auto response is activated, you can activate your campaign.
When your students receive your campaign, and they respond with the correct inbound phrase, they'll receive your configured auto response!
There is a presentation with more screenshots attached to this article if you need more information!
If you have any issues or questions, please submit a ticket.