When you log into school.fullmeasureed.com, you'll land on your inbox. Here you can see all your messages with students.
Note: you'll receive a pop up asking you if you would like to allow notifications. You must click "Allow" on this in order for your inbox to refresh on a near instant basis, instead of having to manually click refresh.
There are several different parts of this page I'd like to go through now, which add more context to your messages.
On this page we can see
- Messaging timestamps on each message
- On the left side, that's the avatar for the student
- You can click on this avatar to go to the student's page
- On the right side is the avatar of the person that sent the message from the institution
- This could be your conversation, or other conversations with students
- If you hover over the message, you can see the delivery status
- Note: if you are sending an in app message, this status will remain "created"
- If you're sending sms messages, these should display as "delivered" if they are successful
There are different message threads on this page. On the far left, you can see all of your active threads, whether they are direct or department.
Send New Messages
If you want to send a new message to a student, you can search for them from the magnifying glass in the upper right corner. This search field can support-
- Full names
- Partial searches
- Contact IDs
- Phone numbers
When the student you want to message appears in the search results, click on their name and then go to "Messages" on their profile page.
You can start a thread with this student on their messaging tab. When you type a message in this thread, you can hit enter or click send to send your message. We also have a character counter in the message page.We recommend that you stay below 160 character in your messages. Why? Messages over 160 characters can break into multiple segments, which is not a good experience for the recipient. This could also cause your messages to take awhile to send out, as our system churns through each segment. We won't stop you from sending a long message, but we do give you a warning to let you know that's probably too much to say.
If you want to get back to your inbox, click on the blue hamburger menu in the upper left corner, and scroll down to "Communications". When you hover over this item, a menu option called "Messages" will appear. Click on that and it will take you back to your inbox.
Attached is a presentation with more screenshots that will continue to walk you through messaging, including.
- The layout of your inbox
- How to search for a student
- How to message a student
- A few best practices on messaging
We also made a video! Check it out here -