We have logic in our system for when we see that a particular number has sent more than one message that was carrier filtered in one day, we then swap that number out for a new one. These apply to department and individual advisor messages. If a student texts a number that we have marked for swapping out, they will then receive the response on a new number from the advisor/department or the student that has not been carrier filtered. We have the system perform this way because we want to capture messages that students are sending in on the carrier filtered numbers, so we don’t want to release those numbers entirely. However, we cannot continue to send outbound messages on those numbers as they are unreliable.
Articles in this section
- Collecting Opt Ins
- Duplicate Messages
- I don't know my username
- Mobile and primary number fallback
- My student IDs have leading 0's and it's causing problems in the audience upload
- Password Issues
- Switch numbers when filtered
- When do messages show up in threads?
- Who can respond to department messages v direct messages?
- Why are my messages coming from a "Guest"?